Take a step to Dub
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Knowledge Sabre Remix Competition não perder!

Ir para baixo

Knowledge Sabre Remix Competition não perder! Empty Knowledge Sabre Remix Competition não perder!

Mensagem  mdrc Sáb 17 Abr 2010, 23:59

Knowledge Sabre Remix Competition não perder! KMAG430

Kmag, Sabre and Critical Music are running a competition for producers to remix Sabre's One Hundred Teeth. Not only do you get to download the original tune for free but also all the stems needed for remixing.

Sabre recently spoke to Knowledge about the track he made for the competition and his new album, so we asked him for a brief to point you in the right direction and how he approaches remixes.

What are you looking for in entries to the competition?
I'm looking for something that is percussively adventurous, something that embodies the theme of hypnotism. Something provocative that takes you to a different place. Try and break out the mould, be as free with it as you like and don't necessarily consider trying to make it into something to destroy dancefloors.

Tell us more about how you approach remixes...
When you go into a remix, or you get sent a remix project, the direction you take is gonna be dictated by what you get given in the first place. Some people will give you every element of the track and some people are pretty slack and don't give you that much at all, and that is an indicator of what the original producer wants you to do with it. I think if people are guarded with the original samples they're probably not that keen for you to do something quite dramatic with it. So you'd keep true to the original in that instance but if you're given every single element then I look at that as a challenge and I will go into every little detail they've given me and try and turn it into something new to fit into the remix. I play it by ear depending on the circumstances.

Terms

The winning remix will receive £1000 of Addict clothing and a SoundCloud Pro Plus and three runners up will get SoundCloud Lite accounts.

How to Enter
Send your entry in 320kbps MP3 format to the Knowledge Sabre Remix Competition group on Soundcloud.
Deadline for entries is Sunday May 2nd 2010 and the winner will be announced by May 17th.
Rules
All One Hundred Teeth remix samples can be freely used in other productions but you must credit the source.
The judges for the competition are Sabre, Kasra from Critical, Adam Savage (Backdrop Promotions) and Colin Steven, the editor of Knowledge magazine, and their decision is final.
Please note that as Soundcloud are an official partner in this competition we can only supply the stems through them and they're only available separately, not as one file.

Thanks to Thorne, who also won our last remix competition, for the designs.

http://soundcloud.com/knowledge/sabre-one-hundred-teeth-kmag-remix-comp

http://soundcloud.com/a-challenger-appears/sabre-100-teeth-a-challanger-appears-remix
mdrc
mdrc

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Ir para o topo